FRENCH ACROSS GEOGRAPHICAL, SOCIAL, AND HISTORICAL SPACES
Deadline for abstract submission: MARCH 14, 2107 – SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Deadline for confirming participation at the conference in case of acceptance : June 1, 2017.
The annual conference of the Association for French Language Studies (AFLS) will take place at Glendon College, York University, Toronto, August 8-10, 2017.
The theme for AFLS 2017 is French Across Geographical, Social, and Historical Spaces. We welcome papers that touch on the subject of diversity in French as a first or second language across geographical, social, and historical spaces. Papers not directly related to the conference theme will also be considered so long as they contribute to the fields of interest of the AFLS (linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, education, and multilingual societies.)
The languages of the conference are French and English. Anonymous proposals of a maximum of 500 words must be submitted at the latest by March 14, 2017 midnight via EasyChair .
Two categories of proposals are solicited: (1) papers, (2) posters.
Abstracts should be in French or English. The language of the proposal shall reflect the language to be used at the time of presentation.
- Papers: Papers are formal presentations on original research by one or more authors, allotted 30 minutes each (20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion). Please note that the time limit will be strictly enforced. Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words.
- Posters: Poster sessions allow for the presentation of research and the opportunity for individualized, informal discussion. Posters are especially effective for presenting work-in-progress. A block of time will be designated when presenters are available to discuss their posters. Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words in length.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Submission of proposals for papers and posters is open and will close on March 14, 2017. Proposals must be submitted via EasyChair
- When submitting, please indicate at the end of your abstract whether you wish for your presentation to be considered for presentation during one the two conference workshops (Ontario French or Acquisition and Teaching of L1 and L2 French) (papers only).
- Papers signalled by authors for consideration in one of the two workshops will be included only after approval by the scientific committee. All accepted papers will be allocated a time slot at the conference, either during one of the workshops or the general sessions.
- Participants whose proposal is accepted must confirm their participation at the conference by June 1, 2017 at the latest.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals for papers and posters will be evaluated by the AFLS 2017 scientific committee for quality of content, significance, originality, thematic relevance, and presentation.
AFLS 2017 CONFERENCE PRESENTATION POLICIES
Individuals may submit a maximum of one abstract as first author, whether for a paper or a poster. In addition, an individual may have a role as a co-author/co-presenter on another paper/poster.
- All proposals must represent original and unpublished work that is not yet available to the research community.
- The presenter must be a registered participant attending the Conference.
- Authors must present their paper/poster on the day and time assigned by the conference program committee.
Aidan Coveney (University of Exeter)
Sylvie Dubois (Louisiana State University)
Daphnée Simard (Université du Québec à Montréal)
Nigel Armstrong, Christophe Benzitoun, Gabriel Bergounioux, Robert Blackwood, Hélène Blondeau, Zoe Boughton, Janice Carruthers, Aidan Coveney, Françoise Gadet, Marie-Noëlle Guillot, David Hornsby, Mari Jones, Emmanuelle Labeau, Pierre Larrivée, Anne Le Draoulec, Isabelle Lemée, Sophie Marnette, Françoise Mougeon, Florence Myles, Ros Temple, Anna Tristram, Richard Waltereit
Françoise Mougeon, Alena Barysevich, Marie-Élaine Lebel, Charlotte McDonald, Muriel Péguret (York University)
Isabelle Lemée (Lakehead University), Jeffrey Steele (University of Toronto), Jeff Tennant, (Western University)
Notification of acceptance/rejection : by May 1, 2017.
Deadline for confirming participation in the case of acceptance: June 1, 2017.
To contact us: email@example.com