Learning Disabilities/Autism Spectrum Disorder
Your psycho-educational assessment should be no older than 5 years old.
- If reports are older, or if students provide us with incomplete documentation (such as only an IEP) it is possible that only very minimal accommodations can be put in place until documentation is updated.
- If you do not have the necessary documentation, or your documentation requires updating please make an appointment with the Accessibility Counsellor.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
A clinical assessment by a licensed mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist, neuro-psychologist, behavioural neurologist or a clinical or educational psychologist, using the current version of the DSM is requested. Evaluation by clinicians who have extensive training and experience in differential diagnosis is recommended.
This assessment should include:
- Early indicators of difficulties with attention and/or hyperactivity and impulsiveness in the student’s school history and/or through consultation with someone who has known the student well over a significant period of time (e.g. family, teachers).
- A thorough family, social, academic and/or occupational history which includes consultation with individuals who know the student well.
- Recent diagnosis (within the last 5 years) or a diagnosis made at 18 years of age or older. Documentation that is more than 5 years old will be evaluated on a case-by -case basis.
This ADD/ADHD registration package can be used by Accessibility Services as a start to putting accommodations in place.
Steps to register with accessibility services:
- Download the ADD/ADHD registration package or get a copy of your psycho-educational assessment
- ADD/ADHD registration package:
- Your psychiatrist, neuro-psychologist, behavioural neurologist or a clinical or educational psychologist must fill out the ADD/ADHD registration package
- Psycho-educational assessment:
- Should be no older than 5 years old. You may use an older assessment as a start to putting accommodations in place
- Your psycho-educational assessment should follow these guidelines
- Complete the Glendon Accessibility Services Questionnaire and upload your ADD/ADHD registration package or psycho-educational assessment directly in the questionnaire