In the event that there is an immediate concern to your safely or the safety of others, call 911.
In other situations, where immediate medical attention is not required, call or come to AWC centre located at 111A Glendon Hall (side entrance). Crisis hours are at 3:00pm and students will be seen for a maximum of 15 minutes. Crisis hours are designed to assist students who may be experiencing life-threatening circumstances, recent traumatic crises, or severe psychological difficulties.
Examples of crises include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Thoughts about harming another person
- Recent assault or abuse
- Concern about your own safety
- Knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- Hallucinations and delusions
- Recent death of a loved one
- Witnessing or experiencing a traumatic event
You can also reach out to the Ontario Post-Secondary Student Helpline, Good2Talk.