The objective of the program is to create an immersion-like atmosphere so that you are exposed to the English language at all times. You will be encouraged by teachers and monitors to speak your second language in the classroom, residence, and during all activities.
The program is for all levels – beginners to advanced. On the first day, you will be given a placement test that will determine your level. You will then be placed in a class with students who are similar in level to yours and taught by instructors who are not only sensitive to your language needs, but also qualified, experienced, and current in second language methodology.
All four skills will be taught; however, emphasis will be placed on the listening and speaking skills.
At the graduation ceremony, you will receive your certificate.
Age Requirements for Duration of Program:
Spring Session: 19+
Spring 2018: May 22 to June 22 (Move In Day: June 21)
Program Details: 2018 Immersion Explore Program Guide
Program Frequently Asked Questions: 2018 Explore Immersion Program FAQ
Explore Procedure Check-List
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you need to apply for the bursary directly through the federal government. Please go to the following Web site to apply: myexplore.ca
Once you have been awarded the bursary to study at Glendon, follow the procedures below.
In order to complete your Explore registration, please download, complete, and send us your 2018 Explore Spring Registration Package by mail to the address below:
Glendon Extended Learning
York Hall A112
2275 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Unable to view forms? Download Adobe Reader.
Your final package should include the following:
- Photocopy of Photo I.D.
- Agreement Form
- Acceptance Form
- Medical Form
- Individual Release Form
- Credit Card Payment form OR if you do not have a credit card, a certified cheque or money order for $375 made payable to York University. DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHEQUE
The $375 includes:
– $275 non-refundable registration fee
– $100 security deposit; refundable according to the Agreement
– Payment for the use of Glendon Athletic Center facilities is NOT included in either the registration fee or the security deposit.
7. Glendon Athletic Club Registration Form (not mandatory). In order to use the GAC’s facilities, a payment should be made at the GAC’s front desk, during the program. Registration fees are $57,63.
EXPLORE PROGRAM TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
In order to obtain credit for completion of the Explore Program, please complete the form below:
Please include the name of the individual responsible, your student number, and/or any other relevant information so as to ensure that your transcript arrives where it should.
Note: You must send in the Transcript Request Form ONLY after completing the Explore Program. The decision for granting credit rests with your home institution.
Unable to view form? Download Adobe Reader.