The objective of the program is to create an immersion-like atmosphere so that you are exposed to French at all times. You will be encouraged by teachers and monitors to speak French in the classroom, residence, and during all activities.
The program is for all levels – beginner to advanced. On the first day, you will be given a placement test that will determine your level. You will then be placed in a class with students who are similar in level to yours and taught by instructors who are not only sensitive to your language needs but also qualified, experienced and current in second language methodology.
The program runs for five weeks; however, you may join two, three, four or five weeks. Please contact the office of Glendon Extended Learning in order to tailor our program to suit your needs.
Age Requirement for Duration of Program:
Spring Session: minimum 19 years of age
Spring 2017: May 23 to June 23 (Move In Day: May 22)
Monday to Friday
Classes: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Seminars / Workshops: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may qualify for a bursary to participate in this program. Apply directly through the federal government at the following website: myexplore.ca
Note: If you are under the age of 18, all forms must be signed by both you and your parent/guardian. Unable to view forms? Download Adobe Reader.
- Make a photocopy of one piece of Photo Identification.
- Complete the 2017 Immersion Registration Form.
- Complete the Immersion Agreement.
- Complete the Medical Form.
- Complete the Immersion Individual Release Form.
- For Gym Membership, complete the Glendon Athletic Club Immersion Student Waiver. Be sure to bring adequate payment with you if interested ($50 + HST).
- Complete the Security Deposit Credit Card Form and get a certified cheque or money order for the Program Fee (as per the 2017 Immersion Fees schedule) and the $75 non-refundable Registration Fee made payable to York University.
*DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHEQUEORIf you do not have a credit card, get a certified cheque or money order for the Program Fee, the $75 non-refundable Registration Fee and the $100 Security Deposit (refundable according to the Agreement) made payable to York University.
*DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHEQUE
- *NOT MANDATORY* Complete the Curfew Removal Form.
Your final package should include the following:
- Photocopy of Photo I.D.
- Acceptance Form,
- Medical Form,
- Individual Release Form,
- Glendon Athletic Club Explore Student Waiver (if applicable)
- If you have a credit card:
*Security Deposit Credit Card Form;
*Certified cheque OR money order for Program Fees and $75 non-refundable Registration Fee made payable to York University
*DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHEQUE ORIf you do not have a credit card:
*Certified cheque OR money order for Program Fees, $75 non-refundable Registration Fee and $100 Security Deposit made payable to York University.
*DO NOT SEND A PERSONAL CHEQUE
- Curfew Removal Form
Please mail your package to:
Glendon Extended Learning
Glendon Campus of York University
York Hall A112
2275 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada