This course in translation project management is designed to provide students with the basic skills and tools to coordinate translation projects from the initial quotation and pre-translation planning stage to the invoicing and feedback stage. It is an intensive course created to provide an introduction to managing small scale, large scale and multilingual translation projects.
This course is designed for individuals who have experience in professional translation, either as freelance translators or as other participants involved in translation projects. To take part in the course individuals must have a general knowledge of the translation industry and the translation process.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have acquired skills to:
- Understand the translation project cycle;
- Plan and execute a translation project from beginning to end;
- Evaluate the feasibility of a translation request;
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients while managing translation project expectations;
- Successfully quote, manage and control project costs;
- Identify qualified and adequate language service providers for translation requests;
- Use technology and resources;
- Apply quality assurance measures at various stages of a translation project.
For additional information and to register, please contact Glendon Extended Learning.
Instructor: Gabriela Rodas, MA
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-9 pm.
Registration Fee: $350 CDN
Registration Deadline: TBD
Registration Procedure: Download and complete the registration form.
Unable to view form? Download Adobe Reader.
A minimum number of participants is required for the course to be offered. The minimum number of registrants must be reached before the course starts.