DescriptionGlendon ITS provides Data Recovery services to provide our users a way to recovery lost or deleted files
EligibilityProvided to staff and faculty only, for files saved on Glendon or Keele servers.
- Glendon ITS-managed servers are backed up nightly. We can retrieve files from our backups as long as we know the name/path of the file as well as an approximate time where the file was last seen.
- For files saved on the X: or L: drives, users can self-restore their files using the previous versions service.
How to request the serviceIncluded for network drives, Lotus Notes email and any Glendon ITS-managed server.
CostService is free if the request is made within 30 days of the file(s) missing. Beyond that period, UIT might charge a fee if they need to request the archived backups tapes from offsite storage.
- Save your work to your network drive (X:) or your departmental share (L:). These locations are regularly backed up.
- Time is critical. The sooner you request the missing file, the higher the chances we can retrieve it.
- Backups are kept for 30-60 days.
SupportContact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the helpdesk at 416-736-6700.
last updated: 2015-08-12 13:11:50