Wired Network Connectivity
DescriptionWired network connectivity is a centrally supported service. Glendon ITS offers basic support in collaboration with UIT. YorkNet provides wired network access in designated campus locations using a computer with an Ethernet network adapter/card and a network cable. The YorkNet service can be used by plugging into a YorkNet jack, which is usually RED, opening a browser and logging in with a valid Passport York username and password for an 8-hour session of network service. On the other hand BLUE LAN drops do not require a login and are restricted to administrative areas.
- YorkNet is available to students, faculty and staff
- LAN drops are available for faculty and staff
How to request the service
- YorkNet: Look for these public network jacks in libraries, the Computing Commons, classrooms, lecture halls, and more.
- LAN drops: Your office should already be equipped with one. However, if it is not or if you require an additional drop, contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- YorkNet is free of charge.
- Additional LAN drops can be added for a fee as determined by UIT.
last updated: 2015-08-02 05:32:29