The Lion’s Den is your resource hub – online and on campus – for all things related to your time at Glendon. From questions about Glendon events or available support services to ways to get involved on campus (and internationally!), the Den is your first stop to becoming a true “Coeur de Lion.”
Next Steps for New Students
Accept your offer and book your enrolment appointment
Accept your offer through MyFile and book your enrolment appointment.
Complete your language assessments
You’ll receive an email with a link to French and Spanish placement assessments. Don’t worry – these are simply tests to place you in a class level for your second (or third) language. If you don’t plan to learn Spanish at Glendon, you don’t need to take the Spanish test. If you’re coming to Glendon with little-to-no French or Spanish skills, it’s okay! Leaving sections of the test blank is fine and will ensure you’re put in an appropriate course level.
At the appointment, you’ll have the chance to sit down for a personalized session with our academic advisors, learn how to enrol in courses, and more. Live outside the Toronto area and can’t come to campus? You’ll be able to have your enrolment appointment by distance.
Set up your student accounts online
Before attending your enrolment appointment, set up your Passport York and student email accounts.
Set up Passport York
- Go to mms.yorku.ca.
- Click on New Student Sign Up
- Follow the prompts to create your Passport York username and password. Your Google Apps (email, calendar, drive, docs) and FAS (labs login) will be automatically activated. Your York email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write down your Passport York login info, and bring it with you to your enrolment session
How to set up email forwarding
Forwarding your email address ensures that you receive all important communications for new students throughout the summer and first year.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of your inbox and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP at the top of the page (in blue).
- In the Forwarding section, click on thr Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter your preferred email address (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and follow the prompts.
- Gmail will send your preferred email address a confirmation message. Click on the link provided in the message to complete email forwarding set-up.
Pay your registration deposit
This is due on the fifteenth of the month after you’ve registered for your courses. For example, if you enrol in April, pay by June 15. Pay through your bank in person, online, or by phone, using your student number as your account number.
If you need more help, contact Student Financial Services in person at C138 York Hall, 416-487-6701, or send them an email.
Apply for residence
Not sure if you’d like to live in Wood or Hilliard? Chat up your options with others from the GL2020 Facebook group. Submit your application by June 1 to be guaranteed a spot.
Apply for loans/OSAP and fill out the Student Financial Profile
Plan your orientation
Start your degree off on the right foot by filling your calendar with orientation activities, including Discover Glendon and Orientation Week.
Learn what “academic integrity” means, and get a headstart on preparing yourself for university-level work.
Join the #GL2020 Facebook group to meet your future classmates, talk to current students about their experience, or ask staff members any questions.
Curious about where to find things on campus? Locate yourself with a Glendon Campus map. Some of our buildings have developed nicknames over the years. You’ll most likely hear Glendon Hall being referred to as the “Manor” during your time here.
Wondering about what happens at an enrolment appointment? Alison shares her tips for your first day as a Coeur de Lion. Learn more about our campus character here, and find the rest of the eAmbassador team here.