téléchargement (1)


Glendon College, York University has signed numerous student exchange agreements with universities in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Mexico and Canada.

National and international exchange programs provide an opportunity for students enrolled at Glendon College, York University to study in a different Canadian or foreign university for a single term (preferably fall) or a complete academic year.

Participants are enrolled at Glendon College, York University. Therefore, they maintain their regular student status and pay fees to their home university, not to the host institution.  The equivalences they obtain for the courses taken abroad are credited towards their York University degree and if they are eligible, they continue to receive financial aid under provincial and/or federal loan and bursary plans.

Participation in an exchange program is invaluable and enriching on a personal, academic as well as professional level.

It is strongly recommended that students participate in the exchange program during their third year. By that time, students should have acquired the academic skills required to study in a foreign teaching environment.

Full time students enrolled at Glendon College, York University can take part in a national or international exchange program if they meet the following conditions:

  • must be enrolled in an Honours BA, an IBA, BSc, IBSc, or a BEd program;
  • must have completed two years of university studies;
  • must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 6.00 (B) at the end of the academic year prior to the exchange;
  • must be proficient in the language of the host country. Students must demonstrate high competence in reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.

For information regarding all exchange programs, contact Glendon International C204a, York Hall (416 487-6802).
Information sessions will be given at Glendon each year. Representatives will be available to answer your questions.

  • Carefully examine your study program at York University.
  • Make sure that you will be able to complete all the requirements for your degree after your return to Glendon.

Important: If you intend to pursue graduate studies, you must be aware that the grades you will receive from your host university will not be translated into the Canadian grading system and will not be included in your GPA. Your Canadian transcript will only show the mention “Fail” or “Pass” for each course taken abroad.

The official transcript of your year abroad will be kept in your file in the Office of Student Programs at Glendon.

We recommend that you attend the Glendon information session. Then print an application package available online.

You must:

  • visit the Web site of your preferred host university and research the program you are interested in pursuing while on exchange;
  • request your official academic transcript from the Registrar’s office of York University;
  • obtain a letter of reference from two of your professors.

The completed original application package must reach the Exchange Program Administrative Office (C112, York Hall), no later than the first week of January.

The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic record, their proficiency in the language of the host country, their personal motivation and their ability to adapt to a new environment.

To receive 30 credits from Glendon College, you must complete the equivalent of 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) at the host university in Europe. For exchanges in Quebec, the Canadian credit system applies.

Once you have been selected to participate in an exchange program and you have received confirmation of your acceptance by the host university, the list of courses you intend to take must be approved by the Chair or Coordinator of the department of your major. This is to ensure that the courses selected satisfy the requirements for your degree and that you will receive credits for them at your return.

N.B. Please note that in Québec there are courses for “étudiants anglophones” and in France there is the “Institut des étudiants étrangers”. Glendon does not recognize these courses. You must take the same course as native speakers.

It is your responsibility to provide all the necessary documentation. The following documents must be submitted to Yassin Handouleh,  Academic Services,  C Wing, York Hall:

  • Your official transcript from the host university;
  • All relevant course descriptions, course outlines, reading lists and other related handouts, as well as any completed tests, assignments and exams.

N.B. Absolutely no credit will be granted for a failed course.

OSAP is available to students on exchange programs. Students can also apply for Friends of Glendon bursaries. For more information contact Student Financial Services.

Students selected to participate in an exchange program are eligible to receive a YIMA (York International Mobility Assistance) bursary. If, for some reason, students withdraw from the exchange program, the YIMA bursary must be reimbursed.