Reschedule Your Exam
To reschedule an exam or test for students currently registered with Counselling & Disability Services, follow these steps.
- Contact your course instructor for permission to reschedule the exam or test. Please note that permission to reschedule is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed. Scheduling is dependent on space availability. If you have been corresponding with your course instructor by e-mail and have confirmation of their approval to reschedule, you may upload, attach or send a copy of the e-mail as an electronic signature from the course instructor.
- If permission is granted by your instructor, complete and submit a signed Alternate Exam/Test Rescheduling Request Form at least five (5) business days in advance of the rescheduled exam/test date.
- Review the Policies and Procedures for writing your rescheduled exam/test.
* Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Adobe Acrobat to fill out the online form in your browser or save it and open with Adobe Acrobat. Note: If you are requesting to reschedule an exam/test as a religious accommodation, ensure that you check the box located on the top of the form. Information regarding religious observance policy and accommodation can be found in the York Courses Website. If you are submitting a request to write an exam or test on a date that falls after the Faculty deadlines for submission of deferred final grades, you must petition for deferred standing through your home Faculty. In this circumstance, submit an Alternate Exam/Test Rescheduling Request Form only if your petition is granted.
Have a question?
Rescheduling requests must be received by the Registrar’s Office a minimum of five business days in advance of the rescheduled exam/test date. Scheduling is dependent on space availability. We cannot guarantee a rescheduled exam or test for a specific date and time.
It is important to arrive on time for your exam/test and bring your YU-card for identification. If you arrive late for an exam/test, you will not be given extra time to complete it. If you arrive more than 30 minutes late, you may not be allowed to take the exam/test at the scheduled time and you must request permission from your course instructor to reschedule. Unavoidable delays are to be discussed with an invigilator.
If you miss the request deadline the Registrar’s Office may not be able to schedule your alternate exams and tests. Under these circumstances, your options are:
- to write with the class
- to ask your course instructor for permission to reschedule the exam or test. (Please note that permission to reschedule is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed.)
- Submit the completed and approved rescheduling form using the Rescheduling Request Form.
If the reason for you late request is due to exceptional circumstances, you should contact your counsellor (Counselling and Disability Services).
Students are expected to cancel requests or booking for exams or tests online as soon as they are aware that they will not write as requested or scheduled. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the course instructor of a missed exam/test and request permission to reschedule the missed exam/test. If your request to reschedule an exam/test is granted, you must submit a signed Alternate Exam and Test Rescheduling Request Form a minimum of five (5) business days in advance of the rescheduled exam/test date. The form should be submitted to Student Client Services or submitted electronically through the upload tool on the Ask a Question page. Please note that permission to reschedule is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed. The Registrar’s Office will only accept one rescheduling request for any missed exam/test. If you cancel or “do not show” to write the same exam/test for the same course twice, the Registrar’s Office will not accept additional rescheduling requests for this exam/test. In this situation, please consult with your counsellor.
Please review the cancellation information page. In all cases of missed exams/tests, it is your responsibility to notify your course instructor and submit a completed Alternate Exam and Test Rescheduling Request Form with required signatures. Permission to reschedule an exam/test is at the discretion of the course instructor and is not guaranteed.