All Glendon students, current and past, can access and print their completed T2202A and T4A tax forms online by using the Tax Form Module (TFM). Below is a brief description of each of the forms. If you need to reset your Passport York password, please click here.

Download Your Tax Forms Now


This government-approved form shows how much tuition you have paid for the prior calendar year and what your Education Credits are for that period. T2202A forms will not be mailed.
All students who require tax forms for the years 1998 to the most recent taxation year can access these forms online.
For an explanation of how T2202A tax forms are calculated, click here.

Form T2202 for Students with Disabilities

The T2202, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (which is not the same as the T2202A form) has been eliminated in 2013.
If you were only able to enrol part time because you had a mental or physical impairment restricting you in one of the activities listed in Guide RC4064, Medical and Disability-Related Information, you will now need to obtain a letter from a medical practitioner certifying your impairment.
For complete details please visit the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.


The Canada Revenue Agency requires York to report bursaries, scholarships, awards, prizes and senior and exchange waiver amounts provided to students. These amounts are shown as income with code 105. This amount reflects amounts you have received from York during the calendar year, i.e. January 1 to December 31.
Your T4A forms are available online, and will not be mailed.
Note that you may not need to report scholarships, bursaries or awards. Verify if you are eligible for a scholarship exemption on Canada Revenue Agency’s website.

Note for students whose fees are covered under a tuition waiver:
Fee waivers are considered scholarships given to the student. Therefore, students will receive T4As with the amount as a scholarship. The student will now include the amount in their income tax calculation. For a more detailed explanation on this change, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency Web site.

Other Tax Forms


This tax form, which shows any income you have earned at York, is mailed separately by Human Resources and Employee Relations (Payroll Department). T4 forms are not available online.

Relevé 8 (RL-8)

Québec students may contact in order to obtain a Relevé 8 form.  We will fill out the Relevé 8 for you, however please contact us early in the winter semester in order to obtain your form on time.
In order to have the form filled out you will need to provide us with your Social Insurance Number and your Code permanent.
For more information on the Relevé 8 please see the Revenu Québec website.

Ontario Tax Credits

Ontario tax credits are funded by the province. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers the program on behalf of Ontario through the federal income tax system.
If you lived in a residence at a designated Ontario university, college or private school residence, you can claim only $25 as your occupancy cost for the part of the year you lived in such a residence.
Claim your tax credit on the Application for the 2017 Ontario Trillium Benefit and the Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant (student residence line 6114) included in your federal T1-General income tax return. An official letter from the University is not required as the student completes the information requested in the declaration for the property tax credit.
The Canada Revenue Agency stipulates that you cannot claim meals and lodging as tuition fees. Current information on CRA regulations and guidelines for tuition and education amounts can be found online on the Students and Income Tax page.


Download and watch Professor Joanne Magee’s presentation on the importance of filing a tax return.

Need help filing your taxes? Free tax clinics are available through the CRA and the City of Toronto. Check back here for information on volunteer tax clinics at the Keele or Glendon campus.

Income Tax for the Uninitiated
Students and Income Tax (Canada Revenue Agency)
Learning About Taxes (Canada Revenue Agency)
Tax Topics for Students (Canada Revenue Agency)
Taxes for International Students in Canada (Canada Revenue Agency)
Also note that students may file their taxes for free online using UFile.