Entering university is a major milestone that involves developing new skills, learning about yourself, and growing as a person. To a new student, enrolling in courses might seem intimidating – that’s normal. We created a new student guide to assist you with the enrolment process.


Create your schedule

Follow the instructions in our presentation below to create your Winter term schedule.

Additional resources for New Students

Most Glendon students will need to write a French Assessment.

There are three different French assessments. Make sure to select the correct one based on your program of study and your dominant language.

Anglophone Stream

Francophone Stream  

Click to visit the Language Assessment Website Visit the Language Assessment Website to write your tests and to find your results.

Note – students who have written a French Assessment while applying to the Concurrent B.Ed. do not need to write another placement test. If you cannot find your placement result, email dearadvisor@glendon.yorku.ca.

See payment instructions and deadlines on the Student Financial Services website

After enrolling and paying your deposit, you can download a free Verification of Enrolment letter on the Registrar’s Website.

You can make changes to your program once a year by submitting a Program Change Request online. 

Send us the Flexible Language Request Form by email to dearadvisor@glendon.yorku.ca. 

Note – this option is only available to students in specific programs.

Eligible programs with English as the dominant language:  
Business Economics, Economics, English, Gender & Women’s Studies, Hispanic Studies, History, International Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sexuality Studies, and

Eligible programs with  French as the dominant language:
Political Science

Academic Calendar

The Academic Calendar is the University’s official reference document for all academic programs, policies and requirements.

Certificate Program

A prescribed set of courses that define a specialization in a particular area of studies. Usually comprised of 24 to 36 credits, certificate programs can be taken as either part of or independent from a degree program. For more information, visit the Future Students website.

Degree Program

A prescribed set of courses and accompanying requirements that lead to a degree (e.g. Honours Bachelor of Arts – Honours BA) upon completion. 

Double Major

An equal concentration of courses taken in two subject areas – only available in an Honours (120 credit) degree. Note: graduating with a double major does not mean you will receive two degrees upon completion. You will receive one Honours degree with two identified specializations that will appear on your transcript. 


A large academic division of the University that offers programs in related disciplines. For example, the Faculty of Science & Engineering offers programs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design offers programs in Music, Dance and Film.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Every letter grade received at York has a numerical value (e.g. B+ = 7) attached to it. In this way, an average of all your grades can be calculated. GPAs are assessed at the end of an academic session or cumulatively, taking all courses ever completed into consideration. For more information, visit the Grade Report Legends page.


A Bachelor’s degree requires the completion of a minimum of 90 credits or equivalent. An Honours degree requires the completion of a minimum of 120 credits or equivalent. 


A primary concentration of courses taken in one subject area within a degree program. Normally, a major requires at least 30 of the 90 credits required for a Bachelor’s degree or 42 of the 120 credits required for an Honours degree.


A secondary concentration of courses taken in one subject area within an Honours degree. Normally, a minor requires at least 30 of the 120 credits required. Minors are not available in a Bachelor’s degree or in a Specialized Honours degree. 

Passport York

The verification system that acts as your electronic signature for online tools.


A prerequisite course must be satisfied before you can enrol in your requested course or program. For example, Glendon’s Biology program has high school science prerequisites. York courses can also have other York courses as prerequisites. For example, you must successfully complete GL/PSYC 2510 6.00 with a minimum grade of C before you can enrol in any other PSYC courses.


An academic session (e.g. Fall/Winter 2021-2022) is a prescribed period of time designed for the delivery of courses.

Sessional Dates

Each academic session has a first and last day of classes among a host of other benchmark dates. For more information, visit the Important Dates page.


An academic focus within your major (e.g. Cognitive Neuropsychology Stream). Not all majors have a stream.

Transfer Credit

If you attended another post-secondary institution before coming to York, you will be assessed for and may be granted transfer credit towards your York degree. This transfer credit may count towards the total number of credits required and it may exempt you from specific York degree requirements. For details, check your transfer credit statement issued at the point of admission. If you change your program, your transfer credit may need to be re-assessed. An academic advisor can help you understand your transfer credit.


The first degree pursued after admission from high school or equivalent is your undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree. Once you have graduated from your Bachelor’s degree, you may pursue graduate-level studies towards a Master’s or Doctorate degree.