Considering a petition or appeal? Come to the office and speak with an advisor.

A petition is a formal written request submitted by the student to waive a Faculty’s academic regulation, degree requirement or academic deadline. Before initiating a petition, you are advised to review the University and Faculty rules and regulations in the Undergraduate Calendar.

The information on this page only applies to Glendon College undergraduate students.

Please read the information below regarding types of petition you can submit.

  • Waive debarment/waive required withdrawal
    Regulation 32 from Undergraduate Calendar
  • Add course(s) after the published deadline(s)
  • Drop course(s) from the transcript
  • Exemption from deadline to submit a deferred standing/an extension of deferred standing
  • Exemption from deadline to submit a request for grade reappraisal
    NOTE: This petition should be submitted to the Faculty responsible for the course.
  • Exemption from deadline to submit a request for pass/fail option
  • Exemption from deadline to submit a request from pass/fail option to grade option
    Senate Pass/Fail Grades (Policy)
  • Exemption from a degree requirement (waiver)
  • Course repeat (beyond the maximum of three attempts per course)
  • Other (i.e. other Faculty regulations and/or deadlines)

For financial petitions, please consult financial services.

If you are a Glendon student, you can submit your petition, and all relevant documentation, in person to Academic Services: York Hall C102 (or, if the counter is closed, you can submit your petition through the dropbox in York Hall C106).

If you are unable to come in person, you can also submit your petition by email to

Remember that it is strongly recommended that you meet with an advisor, who can review your petition with you, prior to submitting it.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your petition, please contact Academic Services at