Course Schedule *
Do you struggle to get your career to the next level? Or understand what your next career move should be?
“Advance Your Career” helps you get more clarity about your career path, the next steps, your “blind spots” and how to use your strengths to boost your career! Full of practical, proven strategies, this hands-on course equips you with the “tools” needed to design and execute the plan that takes into consideration your personality, current situation, and career goal!
$575 per session. Tuition does not include the cost of instructional materials.
Current students, faculty, and staff, as well as alumni, may be eligible for a discount. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Week 1: Who are you?
- Define and communicate your personal brand
- Week 2: Networking for success
- Plan and hold an informational interview
- Week 3: Presenting yourself on paper – Part 1
- Create a resume that stands out from the others
- Week 4: Presenting yourself on paper – Part 2
- Create a cover letter and thank you note that stands out from the others
- Week 5: You Got the Interview – Part 1
- Prepare for a job interview
- Week 6: You Got the Interview – Part 2
- Practice your interviewing skills
- Week 7: You Got the Interview – Part 3
- Practice your interviewing skills again
- Week 8: The Complete Package
- Apply feedback and tips to your materials and build your career plan
Total Course Hours: 33
- In Class: 24 hours
- Peer-to-Peer Learning: 9 hours
- 10% Information interview
- 20% Resume (10% for first attempt, 10% for second attempt)
- 15% Cover Letter (5% for first attempt, 10% for second attempt)
- 10% Thank You Note
- 40% In-Class Interview (2@20% each)
- 5% Career Plan
*Registration for each course closes a week before the start date. We reserve the right to change or cancel our program and course offerings in the case of mitigating circumstances. In the event we are no longer able to offer the program or course or you are no longer able to participate as a result of changes in the offerings, a full refund will be issued.