Winter Session 2020 1
Thursdays, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- January 9 – January 30
Winter Session 2020 2
Wednesdays, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- March 4 – March 25
Many studies, experts, and surveys have shown that employers hire people who can communicate effectively and promote those who can communicate strongly. A competent communicator, communicates clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the audience. They also respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication. This course provides the skills employees need to deliver compelling messages through effective communication. They will learn how to think with the right intention, create an effective communication climate and apply a variety of communication skills in a variety of business situations.
$360 per session. Tuition does not include the cost of instructional materials.
Current students, faculty, and staff, as well as alumni, may be eligible for a discount. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Week 1: The Communication Stage
- Envision the Business Communication Picture
- Week 2: Impacting a Communication Climate
- Recognize Your Role in Creating a Communication Climate
- Week 3: Communication Skills for Success
- Learn and Practice Oral and Written Communication Skills for Success
- Week 4: Deliver Compelling Messages
- Apply Communication Skills to Deliver Compelling Messages in multiple business situations
Total Course Hours: 16.5 hours
- In Class: 12 hours
- Peer-Peer Learning: 4.5 hours
- 20% Tests (2 @ 10% each))
- 30% Assignments (3 @ 10% each; include in-class)
- 35% Application Activities
- 15% Class Attendance
*Registration for each course closes a week before the start date. We reserve the right to change or cancel our program and course offerings in the case of mitigating circumstances. In the event we are no longer able to offer the program or course or you are no longer able to participate as a result of changes in the offerings, a full refund will be issued.