Glendon Campus of York University’s Continuing Education Department is dedicated to providing opportunities for students to expand their learning beyond the classroom through experiential education opportunities. Our employees enjoy the opportunity to leverage what they learn in the classroom into real-life applications that give them work experience and help them better take advantage of opportunities once they graduate.
We are hiring for the following positions:
Instructors for the following:
English as a Second Language/French as a Second Language (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
Advanced English in the Workplace
The Strategic Employee
Project Management Fundamentals
Workplace Culture & Success
Course Duration: 4, 6, or 8weeks
Course Format: Monday to Thursday evenings, Saturday daytime: 3 hours per week, 4, 6, or 8 weeks
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
As part of the Glendon Continuing Education team, you will help learners improve their language skills and/or help learners advance in their careers through professional development courses.
- Collaborate with the Continuing Education Director and staff
- Adapt course outlines based on curricula and learner needs
- Prepare and adapt lesson plans in course log books
- Keep records of learner attendance and grades
- Submit other administrative forms as required
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings
- Mentor and help learners succeed
The successful applicants will:
- Hold Masters-level; doctoral-level education or subject-specific certification or professional designation (REQUIRED)
- Be fluent in language of instruction with sound knowledge of the other language
- Hold current teaching qualifications or credentials, such as B.Ed., TESL, TESOL, CEFLE etc.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant work and/or teaching experience
- Respect and understand professional workplace standards of practice
- Be dedicated, organized, dynamic professionals open to a team-teaching environment
- Have knowledge of current methods and approaches in teaching and learning
- Have knowledge of relevant and emerging topics in subject matter expertise
- Demonstrate commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of learners, employees and the community.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
York University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. York University is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.