Glendon Accessibility Services collects medical documentation and other information pertaining to your functional limitations, your history of learning or personal circumstances for the following purposes:

  • To verify the need for disability related accommodations for academic work and
  • To develop and implement effective disability related accommodations and supports

Glendon Accessibility Services respects your privacy and keeps your information confidential. Information may be shared with university staff, but only on a need-to-know basis as described in York’s Policy on Access to Student Records and Protection of Privacy, to allow them to perform their duties and to provide academic or other disability related accommodations on campus.




To protect your information, all university staff receiving information follows University policies and guidelines, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other legal requirements*.


If you have any questions, please send an email to Your email will be forwarded to the Glendon Accessibility Counsellor and/or the Manager of the Accessibility, Well-Being, and Counselling Centre for follow up as soon as possible.


*Glendon Accessibility Services provides academic accommodation and support to students with disabilities in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on accessible education for students with disabilities and York University Senate Policy on Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

    Is there a note on my transcript that I am registered with Glendon Accessibility Services?

    Registration with Glendon Accessibility Services and/or accommodation information does not appear on any official file with the University, including transcripts or degree documents.

    Is my information ever shared with external third parties?

    Personal information will not be disclosed to external third parties – including family members, parents, guardians or other non-Glendon/York service providers – without the express, written consent of the student.  There are some exceptions where Glendon Accessibility Services may be required to disclose information about students registered with its services.  These exceptions include, for example, when the release of information is required by law or in compelling or emergency circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual.

    Is my information ever used for research?

    The University is required to report Glendon Accessibility Services registration data to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) as a condition of its receipt of operating grant funding (Accessibility Fund for Students with Disabilities). Aggregate data that represents program utilization by accommodation type is collected and reported to MTCU in the form of an annual report. No individual is identified, and no identifiers are provided to MTCU.


    Information may be used to evaluate the services.  Evaluation data is reported as aggregate data about group trends.  No individual is ever identified.

    How is my information stored?

    All student files are digitized and stored on an encrypted, secure server that is maintained by York University Information Technology. 

    How long will you have my records?

    Information collected by Glendon Accessibility Services will be used, disclosed, retained and destroyed in accordance with York University’s Policy on Information and Protection of Privacy and Records Management Policy.

    How often do I need to consent to the use of my information?

    At the time of initial registration and annually during each subsequent re-registration with Glendon Accessibility Services, students will be asked for their consent to permit Glendon Accessibility Services staff to share and access information as described.

    Can I rescind my consent?

    Students have the right to refuse consent or withdraw it at any time.

    Who do I contact if I have questions?

    You can speak to the Glendon Accessibility Counsellor and/or the Manager of the Accessibility, Well-Being, and Counselling Centre if you have concerns.  You can also connect with the Privacy Office by contacting