Affiliation: Graduate program in Psychology, York Cmapus
Research Interests :
Cross-cultural understanding, dialogue, reflexivity, qualitative
research methods, history and theory of psychology
Topic of MA or PhD research :
How to reflexively understand people from different cultures through
• Teo, T., Gao, Z., Sheivari, R. (in print). Philosophical Reflexivity in Social Justice Work. In (C. Johnson & H. Friedman. Eds.) Praeger
Handbook for Social Justice and Psychology. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
• Gao, Z. (2013). The Emergence of Modern Psychology in China,
1876-1929. Annual Review of Critical Psychology, 293-307.
• Gao, Z. (2013). Knowledge representation. Encyclopaedia of Critical Psychology. New York, NY: Springer.
• Gao, Z. (2013). Methodologism/methodological imperative. Encyclopaedia of Critical Psychology. New York, NY: Springer.
• Gao, Z., Wang. B. (2013). Chinese Psychology. Encyclopaedia of Critical Psychology. New York, NY: Springer.
• Gao, J., Fang, L., Liu, X., Sun, H., Gao, Z., Wang, X. & Yin, S. (2010). A study on the relationship between the type of father-child relationship and college students’ interpersonal relationships
ability. Science and Technology Innovation Herald. No. 21, 229-230.
• Gao, Z. (2010). An inquiry into the reasons mainstream psychology has oriented itself as a natural science. Advances in Psychological Science, 18 (01), 185-191.
• Gao, Z. (2009). A psychological view of the current market credit.
Journal of Social Science of Hunan Medical University. 11(2), 114-116.