|Prénom | First Name|
|Nom | Last Name|
2020- Master’s degree in Translation Studies, York University, Glendon campus.
2018- Master’s degree in Translation Studies, Khatam University, GPA 7.92/8 M.A. Thesis Title: Errors in Crowdsourced Post Editing Supervisor: Dr. Farzaneh Farahzad, Full Professor at ATU
2016- Bachelor’s degree in English News Translation, University of Applied Science and Technology; School of Media Studies
2014- Associate degree in Audio-Visual Translation, University of Applied Science and Technology.
|Intérêts de recherche | Research Interests|
|Translation and Technology, Machine Translation, CAT Tools, Crowdsourced Translation, Crowdsourced Post Editing, Technology and Societies, Digital Humanities.|
|Projets de recherche | Research Projects|
|Farahzad, F., & Mirarabshahi, S. (2019). Errors in Machine Translated and Crowdsourced Post
Edited Texts. Iranian Journal of Translation Studies. https://journal.translationstudies.ir/ts/article/view/637Mirarabshahi, S. (2020). Google Translator Toolkit as an Online Platform for Crowdsourced
Post-Editing: Pros and Cons. 11th Annual Glendon Graduate Student Conference in
Translation Studies (Postponed)Mirarabshahi, S. (2017). Manipulation in Literary Translation: Case Study of “The Sun Also
Rises”. In H. Vaezian (Ed.), Interdisciplinary Approaches to Translation Education, (p.
38). Tehran. Retrieved from http://www.iate2017.ir/paper?manu=15457Vaezian, H., & Mirarabshahi, S. (2017). Is The Internet The Translators‟ New Best Friend? The
First International Conference on Language Focus (Linguistics, Language teaching,
Translation and Literature), (p. 177). Urmia.
|PUBLISHED BOOK TRANSLATIONS
• Teaching Kids to Think: Raising Confident, Independent, and Thoughtful Children in an Age of Instant Gratification, by D. Sweetland & R. Stolberg, translated into Persian, Publisher: Morvarid, https://bit.ly/314cqL4
• Camino Island, by John Grisham, translated into Persian, Publisher: Morvarid, https://goo.gl/ypeFH9
• Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth, translated into Persian, Publisher: Morvarid, https://goo.gl/7Cy3HP
• Early Intervention Games: Fun, Joyful Ways to Develop Social and Motor Skills in Children with Autism Spectrum or Sensory Processing Disorders, by Barbara Sher, translated into Persian, Publisher: University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, https://goo.gl/bx5ZQR
|Achievements, Honors and Rewards
• Republication of my translated books,
• Cooperation with national magazines,
• Top student, GPA 7.92/8, Class of 2018, Khatam University,
• Winner of the proz.com translation contest; Benevolent deception,
• Recipient of the York University International Graduate Scholarship,
• Recipient of the Khatam University fellowship (merit-based) 2016-2018
• Review and analysis session for Azm (translation of the book ‘Grit’ by Angela Duckworth), held at Media and Social Networks Cultural Center,
• Review and analysis session for Jazireh Camino (translation of the book ‘Camino Island’ by John Grisham), held at Media and Social Networks Cultural Center,
• ‘Proz.com Tips and Tricks’ workshop held at Allameh Tabataba’i University (ATU),
• ‘SDL Trados’ workshop held at Khatam University, as teacher assistant