Ontario High School Students

  • Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
  • A minimum of six 4U or 4M courses, including 4U English (ENG4U) or FRA4U for applicants from French-language high schools.
  • We accept a combination of U and M courses and OACs.
  • Ensure you meet our language requirements.

Program-specific requirements and recommendations

  • BSc Biology: SBI4U, SCH4U and MHF4U are required; SPH4U strongly recommended.
  • BA Business Economics & BA Economics: MHF4U and MCV4U recommended.
  • BA Communications: 4U French (FRA4U, FIF4U, or FEF4U) and 4U English required.
  • iBA International Studies & BBA Business dual degree: MHF4U required; MCV4U or MDM4U required; no more than two 4M courses will be considered. Supplementary application required, find out more here.
  • BA Mathematics: MHF4U required; MCV4U recommended.
  • BSc Psychology: One 4U math and one of SCH4U or SPH4U.
  • BA Translation: 4U French (FRA4U, FIF4U, or FEF4U) and 4U English required.

Glendon-specific recommendation

  • 4U French recommended.

NOTE: These are minimum requirements only. Admission is not guaranteed and all requirements are subject to change. Recommended courses will help you with your studies, but we do not automatically look for them when we assess your application for admission and scholarships.

These application requirements apply to all programs, except:

Early conditional admission

We may offer you early conditional admission if you have strong Grade 11 finals and/or interim Grade 12 results.

Advanced Placement (AP)

You may receive transfer credit if you have completed AP courses with grades of 4 or 5 (maximum 30 credits).

If you have a diagnosed disability

If you have a diagnosed physical, learning, or psychiatric disability, we strongly encourage you to identify yourself during the admissions process. Even if your circumstances don’t impact your admissibility to Glendon (in other words you meet our admission requirements), we want to make sure you know about the support services we have in place. In no way will identifying yourself be a disadvantage to you. More information >>

If you are home schooled

We have a detailed policy for admitting students who are home schooled.

Which application form to use:

Apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). Contact your guidance office for details.

What to send with your application:

Be sure to send all required documents as soon as you apply.

  1. Your grades will be sent to us electronically from your school.
  2. Language test results (if required).

Please send all required documents to: 

York University
Office of Admissions
Bennett Centre for Student Services
3rd Floor Reception
99 Ian Macdonald Blvd
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3

Be sure to send your application before the application deadline.

What happens after you apply

After you apply to Glendon, we’ll keep in touch and you can connect with us at any time. You’ll receive an acknowledgement of your application and a reminder to send all outstanding documents on time.

You can check your application status throughout the process by logging on to York’s MyFile. You’ll need your York reference number to log in.

Requesting a Deferral

A deferral is a postponement of your admission to York. York recognizes that after being newly admitted, some applicants encounter unique personal circumstances that represent legitimate reasons for requesting a deferral of admission to the next academic session.

Newly admitted first-year students for September entry may request a deferral through our deferral form. The University grants deferrals at its discretion, only in highly exceptional cases and on a restricted basis. All conditions must be satisfied before a deferral will be granted.

Offers of admission are conditional upon final grades.