Visiting Students

To qualify as a visiting student, you:

  1. Currently attend another university and want to take York University courses on a Letter of Permission.
  2. Already hold an undergraduate degree (three-year Bachelor’s degree minimum) from an accredited university/university-level institution.
  3. Do not hold an undergraduate degree from any university but want to enrol in York courses to fulfill the academic, upgrading or professional development requirements of a professional designation

Application Process:

  • For an application form, see the Visiting Student Admission section of the York web site.
  • In addition to the application, if you wish to take courses to count towards a degree from another institution, we require an official letter of permission from your home university.
  • If you already hold a degree, we require an official transcript certifying completion of a degree from an accredited university.
  • Ensure you meet our language requirements.

Please send all required documents to:

York University
Office of Admissions
Bennett Centre for Student Services
3rd Floor Reception
99 Ian Macdonald Blvd
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3