The Year 1 of the MCI is a full time program taught entirely online. Classes are held in real time using Adobe Connect and student have access to our online learning platform as a clearing house for speech material, assignments, readings and the like.
Course are organized around the 3 main fields of Interpretation : Healthcare/Legal/Conference.
Upon successful completion of the all courses students are eligible to apply for the Graduate Diploma in General Interpreting (GDGI).
In order to continue into Year 2 of the program, student must pass the Transition Exam.
- INTE 5700 Interpreting Studies
- INTE 5710 Conference Interpreting I
- INTE 5720 Court Interpreting I
- INTE 5730 Healthcare Interpreting I
- INTE 5715 Conference Interpreting II (language specific)
- INTE 5725 Court Interpreting II (language specific)
- INTE 5735 Healthcare Interpreting II (language specific)
- INTE 5790 Virtual Healthcare Interpretation Practicum (VHIP) or Virtual Legal Interpretation Practicum (VLIP)*
- Transition exam (for those that wish to go on to Year Two)
All courses are 3 credits, and they include 36 hours of contact time. The courses are taught online, in real time, using Adobe Connect. In addition to Connect, we also use learning management platform Eclass as a clearing house for speech material, assignments, readings and the like.
*subject to York University Senate approval