Audio Visual Technology in classrooms
DescriptionAs part of our standard offering, all classrooms are equipped with built-in audio-visual technology. All classrooms have a minimum of a computer and a display device for display technology.
EligibilityAll Glendon faculty and staff can request the use of classroom technology using the GEO system. Students have access to this technology for course use and officially recognized Student Groups have access to this technology by making a request through Student Affairs. This technology is available for non-commercial use only.
How to request the service
- For regularly scheduled York courses: Built-in technology is made available to Professors and Teaching Assistants on a self-serve basis. They may request a demonstration of how to use classroom technology by going online to the Glendon Equipment Ordering (GEO) system (http://geo.yorku.ca). Orders should be made at least five business days in advance.
- For meetings and other events hosted by Glendon Staff and Faculty: Requestors can make reservations by going online to the Glendon Equipment Ordering (GEO) system (http://geo.yorku.ca). Orders should be made at least five business days in advance.
- For Students and officially recognized Student Organizations: Students have access to the classroom technology for course presentations and should consult their Professor or Teaching Assistant for access to the technology. Officially recognized Student Organizations may request the use of built-in technology by requesting it through Student Affairs. Orders should be made at least five business days in advance.
CostWhile some exceptions do apply, built-in audio-visual technology is provided free of charge to all faculty and students provided that the equipment is required for a regularly scheduled York Course. A regularly scheduled York course will be listed on the Registrar’s office website. Built-in audio-visual technology is provided free of charge to officially recognized Student Organizations (some exceptions do apply). A small fee is charged for all other requests. Method of Payment: Payments can only made using a York University budget number. Other Costs: Repair and/or replacement costs will be charged if built-in equipment is damaged. Please consult the GEO Price List on the Glendon Website for a list of costs associated with technology use.
- With the exception of regularly scheduled York Courses as listed on the Registrar’s Courses Website, use of built-in technology may be limited to Helpdesk Operating hours. Requests outside of Helpdesk Operating hours may result in additional costs.
- Please consult the Classroom Infrastructure section of the York Computing website to view what technology is available in each classroom.
- The link to the website listing all available technology in Glendon Classrooms is http://staff.computing.yorku.ca/glendon-lecture-halls-classroom-infrastructure/
- Logging into classroom computers requires an active Passport York account. Please ensure before attempting to use the technology that you have an active, working Passport York account.
- Since requests are processed on a first come first serve basis, it is highly recommended that orders are placed well in advance of an event.
SupportGlendon ITS Helpdesk:
last updated: 2015-05-12 12:01:41