Imagine you, a soon-to-be Glendon graduate, are surrounded by your peers and alumni of our fine school. Now, say you have the chance to pick their brains for career advice. What’s the workforce like? What is life after Glendon?
Glendon Connects with Alumni is your chance to ask those questions! We’ll bring together some of Glendon’s recent alumni to chat with you about life after graduation and launching your career.
Date: Wednesday March 9th, 2016
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: York Hall A300 (Skyroom)
All current students are invited! Register below before March 7th!
Spend some time connecting with the Glendon community to meet current students and hear from recent alumni who will chat about their careers post-graduation!
Getting your career started can be overwhelming. There are so many choices and directions we can go; what is your next step? Do you continue your studies; do you jump into the workforce?
Often, we need to put our ideas out there and see what the world around us makes of them. Join us for an evening of speed-networking (think speed dating, with a professional twist) with Glendon alumni who are geared up to share their career development experiences.
You will get to take your ideas out for a spin with some mingling. Then, in pairs, you will speed-network with different alumni in each of the 10-minute rounds. Made a connection you want to build? Stick around for light networking and refreshments.
Get into the idea sharing frame of mind. Come prepared with a short introduction about who you are and your ideas for what’s next.
Here are some tips:
- Be open-minded. We will be bringing together alumni from a cross-section of fields who have interesting perspectives to share.
- Arrive on time.
- Bring tools. Taking all your notes on your tablet? Bring it along. Pen and paper are welcome too.
- Here are some links to read…
- What is a typical day in your job?
- How did Glendon help you jump into your career?
- What took you by surprise entering the workforce?
- How did you end up in your field of work?
- How would I get a job in your area?