CIHR Operating Grant : COVID-19 May 2020 Rapid Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) recently announced an Operating Grant funding opportunity: COVID-19 May 2020 Rapid Research. This funding opportunity is part of the Government of Canada’s continued rapid response to address the health challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. A summary is provided below.
Objective are to:
- Accelerate the availability of high-quality and real-time evidence to support Canada’s rapid response to the global pandemic in order to better prevent, detect, treat and manage COVID-19;
- Develop, test, and study the implementation of effective interventions to prevent, detect, treat, and manage COVID-19 at the individual and/or population levels by reorienting or amplifying existing research platforms, networks, and trials as well as funding new research projects within existing and established research infrastructure;
- Enable Canadian engagement and coordination in national and international large-scale trials and better enable harmonized data collection, sharing of data, quasi-experimental and observational studies, and rapid large-scale evaluation of impact;
- Provide evidence to inform clinical and health system management and public health response, and/or decision-making and planning within and across jurisdictions in Canada and internationally; and
- Enhance local, national and/or international collaborative efforts, including in low- and middle-income countries, to mitigate the rapid spread of COVID-19 and related negative consequences.
Clinical trial research – Up to $5M
All other types of research – Up to $2.5M
Clinical Trial research – 1 year
All other types of research – 1 year
Submission to ORS – Monday, May 4, 2020
Submission to agency – Monday, May 11, 2020
For complete details on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit the following website:
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here: