**PLEASE NOTE THE SHORT DEADLINE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY**
Please forward this email to all York University faculty members in your unit.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) recently announced an Operating Grant: COVID-19 Mental Health & Substance Use Service Needs and Delivery. This funding opportunity is part of the Government of Canada’s continued rapid response to address the health challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. A summary is provided below.
Objective are to:
- move further in the direction of implementation science and population-level intervention research to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and its containment measures on mental health and substance use
- more explicitly address the specific mental health and/or substance use crisis response needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and/or the strategies to contain and mitigate its impact
- help prepare the mental health and/or substance use health care systems for the COVID-19 post-pandemic future, including additional, unexpected crises.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- To understand and address the acute mental health and/or substance use needs of individuals, communities and/or populations, and/or the effects on related care systems, due to the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- To develop the evidence to better match access to mental health and/or substance use services with the people who need them the most, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Up to $200K
|Registration due at agency||Thursday, June 18, 2020|
|Full proposal due at ORS for full review||Monday, June 22, 2020|
|Final proposal and fully signed ORS Checklist due at ORS for required review||By 9:00 am Monday, July 6, 2020|
|Full proposal due at agency||Tuesday, July 7, 2020|
Please contact your Faculty Research Officer for information on their internal deadlines.
For complete details on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit the following website:
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here: