Become a member of GL Zone! Applications now open! Apply below.
Are you an involved student on campus, or looking to get more involved? Then GL Zone is a great opportunity to get connected and maximize your experience. The program offers various opportunities of involvement for all students as a Peer Mentor or e-Mentor.
The call for nominations to join the GL Zone peer mentor team (e-mentors and peer mentors) is open for 2021-2022. The deadline is June 11.
Why join the team?
- Get involved in your community
- Grow personally, professionally, and academically
- Network with other students, and full-time staff
- Be part of an inclusive and supportive team
- Gain valuable leadership, communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week
- Provide support for transition programs such as JumpStart (University Preparedness Program) and Glendon Orientation Day
- Support a group of first-year students with their transition into University by…
- Sending out regular messages to them
- Holding one-on-one meetings with them
- Planning and leading social events for them
- Work in one of the 4 Area of Focus Groups:
- Academic and Financial Literacy
- Environment and Sustainability
- Health and Wellbeing
- Meet with your Senior Peer Mentor bi-weekly or monthly
- Create regular content and build engagement on social media
- Support faculty and university-wide programs as needed
- GL Zone merch (t-shirt)
- Reference letter
- Thank you gift from the Office of Student Affairs
- New skills to add to your resumé (mentorship, communication, collaboration, etc.)
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Make new personal connections