Become a member of GL Zone! Applications now open! Apply below.
Are you an involved student on campus, or looking to get more involved? Then GL Zone is a great opportunity to get connected and maximize your experience. The program offers various opportunities of involvement for all students as a Peer Mentor or e-Mentor.
The call for nominations to join the GL Zone peer mentor team (e-mentors and peer mentors) is open for 2021-2022. The deadline is June 11.
Why join the team?
- Belong to a group that shares the same values as you (other mentors)
- Reinforce your community involvement
- Gain valuable leadership skills & experience
- Grow professionally and academically
- Work and network with other students, and full-time staff
- Help foster a supportive and inclusive campus community
- Further develop your conflict resolution, problem solving and communication skills
- Improve yourself by helping others & developing your own goals
- Contribute to the success & happiness of your fellow student
- Commitment: 2-4 hours a week
- Support incoming student transition. Through 1 on 1 and group interactions
- Support for transition programs including JumpStart (University Preparedness Program) and Glendon Orientation Day.
- Plan and lead group activities.
- Work in one of 4 Areas of Focus:
- Academic and Financial Literacy
- Environment and Sustainability
- Health and Wellbeing
- Create regular content and build engagement on social media.
- Support faculty and university-wide programs as needed.