2022 T2202 and T4A tax forms will be available at Tax Form Module (TFM) on February 28, 2023.

Effective January 2020 Canada Revenue Agency’s T2202 form will replace the T2202A form. The new T2202 form requires your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to be reported. Please ensure you have provided your SIN in your Student Personal Information record.

Tax receipts are no longer mailed. All current and former York University students can print their tax receipts from 1998 onwards through the Tax Form Module (TFM).

If you need to reset your Passport York password, please click here.

Download Your Tax Forms here

T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate)

The T2202 is an official income tax receipt issued by qualifying educational institution for tuition, education and textbook tax credits that can be claimed on a personal income tax return.

The total amount of tuition and fees paid may not necessarily correspond to your T2202 because not all tuition and fees are tax deductible. Also, the T2202 is based on the tax year (January to December) not from when you enrolled.

  • T2202 tax receipts are issued for tuition paid in respect of the calendar year. If tuition has not been paid, the reporting of those unpaid amounts on your T2202 will be delayed.
  • For further information, see Income Tax Folio S1-F2-C2: Tuition Tax Credit issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

Disability Tax Credit (DTC) – Students with disabilities

For complete details regarding the disability tax credit review the following RC4064 – Disability-Related Information – 2018. You will need to apply for the disability tax credit by filling out the Disability Tax Credit Certificate.

T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income)

The CRA requires all educational institutions to report bursaries, scholarships, awards and prizes provided to students for the calendar year from January 1 to December 31. These amounts are reported in box 105.

For complete details, review Canada Revenue Agency’s information on Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, study grants, and artists’ project grants (awards).

What if I have questions about completing my income tax return or tax deductions?

Even though we can’t provide advice on how you should complete your tax return, we can give you some helpful resources to visit for information. The CRA has tax guides along with many other helpful publications that can be obtained in person at any CRA office location, by visiting the CRA website, or by contacting CRA by phone at 1-800-959-8281.

CRA also provides a list of tax preparation clinics or you may consider using a Chartered Accountant if you have a complex tax situation.


Download Professor Joanne Magee’s presentation on the importance of filing a tax return.

Need help filing your taxes? Free tax clinics are available through the CRA and the City of Toronto.

Income Tax for the Uninitiated
Students and Income Tax (Canada Revenue Agency)
Learning About Taxes (Canada Revenue Agency)
Taxes for International Students in Canada (Canada Revenue Agency)
Also note that students may file their taxes for free online using UFile.