The Writing Department’s mandate is to help students become confident, articulate and independent thinkers and writers. The Writing Centre provides assignment assistance which is supported by doctoral students and senior peers available by appointment.
If you want to develop your writing skills and get help, we invite you to make a remote appointment with one of our advisers / ambassadors.
Book an appointment via Experience York. Click the “Students” tab at the top of the page and use your Passport York to login.
To book an appointment through Experience York:
- Click on any of the Book an Appointment buttons found throughout the Career and Skills Development Centre website.
2. Login to Experience York: click on Students then Login.
3. Enter your Passport York student login.
4. To access the booking module, select Glendon College from your Dashboard.
5. Choose to book an appointment either by Type (reason for booking appointment) or by Provider (schedule specifically with one of our great ambassadors or team members! Don’t know them yet? Meet the team below!
- Please bring in a copy of your assignment, the assignment instructions, and the course outline
- In either English or French, our guides will provide suggestions for your assignment based on: grammar, style, structure and/or citation
- Our guides will NOT write or re-write your assignment for you (learn more about academic integrity)
- Schedule multiple appointments for the different parts of your writing process
- Ask your professor any questions you have regarding your assignment (our guides cannot interpret what your professor wants)
- Remember our guides are not responsible for the grade you receive on your assignment
- Do NOT bring in your assignment for editing moments before it is due
About me: I have a background in French and Quebec literature. I am the Coordinator of the Writing Centre as well as the Coordinator of the language program of the Department of French Studies. In addition to teaching language and literature classes, I have been working with students at the Writing Centre since 2008. Individual work with students is an aspect of my work that I particularly like since everyone has a different path.
About me: I specialize in History and French Studies and I am also pursuing my Education Degree. I like to learn all kinds of stories, especially those from France and Latin America. Becoming a French language teacher has always been my dream since kindergarten.