Submission deadline:Monday, November 25, 2019.
Mary McEwan Memorial Award
The following is an announcement for a PhD dissertation award.
DESCRIPTION OF AWARD
Named in honour of Dr. Mary McEwan, a feminist psychiatrist, this annual award of $1,000.00 will be awarded to one PhD dissertation produced in 2018-19 at York University in the area of feminist scholarship. An Awards Committee of faculty affiliated with the Centre will choose the winners.
If you have dissertations that were recommended for awards in 2018-19 (dissertations defended between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019 are eligible), please consider putting them forward for this award. The submission deadline is Monday, November 25, 2019.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Must be a graduate student who has successfully defended a dissertation during the 2018-19 academic year.
2. The nominee’s dissertation must concern feminist theory and/or gender issues.
3. The examining committee for the dissertation must unanimously recommend it for an award.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATION
Each nomination must include:
1. A copy of the dissertation and no more than a one-page statement from the nominee about the contribution the dissertation makes to feminist scholarship.
2. A letter of recommendation from the student’s Supervisor commenting on the nominee’s dissertation or thesis.
3. A statement from the Graduate Program Director noting that the nominee’s dissertation was recommended as one that should be considered for a prize.
4. A copy of the external examiner’s report.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION
Nominations must be received by Julia Pyryeskina, Coordinator, Centre for Feminist Research, 611 York Research Tower no later than Monday, November 25, 2019.
Submissions and questions can be made via email to email@example.com.
Centre For Feminist Research
Submission Deadline: October 10th, 2019
The Centre for Feminist Research is looking for two Graduate Students to join its Executive Committee for the 2019-20 year.
The Executive Committee is responsible for matters of regular management of the Centre and serves in a consultative and monitoring capacity in relation to the Director (and any Associate Directors).
The Executive meets at least once a month in the Fall and Winter Terms and when necessary in the Summer Term. Its meetings are called by the Director, but it may also be convened by a majority of the Executive Committee and it may be required to meet by the Council. The term of office for graduate student members is 12 months.
If you are interested, please send a 1-page letter of application that includes:
-A statement of interest explaining why you would like to join the CFR Executive
-Your past involvement with the Centre for Feminist Research
-Your past involvement in departmental committees or other Research Centres
Please also attach a copy of your resume/CV
Please email all applications and any and all questions to the CFR Coordinator Julia Pyryeskina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 3.30pm on Thursday, October 10, 2019.