Research Interests Keywords
language and society; official languages in Canada; politics and government; Quebec.
- 2004: Officer, Order of the Academic Palms, Government of France
- 1985: Royal Commission on the Economic Union and Development Prospects for Canada: for preparation of "Unilateralism, Bilateralism and Multilateralism", research study
- 1989: Ontario Arts Council: to support preparation of Breaking the Impasse
- 1986: Ontario Arts Council: to support the preparation of the third edition of Quebec: Social and Political Crisis.
- 1985: SSHRC Research Grant: "Business, Labour and the State in Ontario and Quebec: Taxation and Industrial Relations Policy, 1960-1985," (with other collaborator)
- 1980: SSHRC Research Grant: "Patterns of Public Finance in Ontario and Quebec, 1950-1980," (with other collaborator)