The Research Office is hosting information sessions to help eligible fourth year students and first year master’s students (in two-year master’s program) navigate the provincial and federal government’s graduate funding opportunities. The information sessions will cover the basics of applying to the awards and introduce students to the process of crafting a research proposal. After attending one of two information sessions, students will have the opportunity to schedule and attend an individual feedback session on their draft proposals. The information sessions will be held twice, once in English and once in French. The individual feedback session will be conducted in the student’s language of choice.
How to fund your degree at the graduate level (in English)
This information session includes an overview of the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program and Ontario Graduate Scholarship, including applicant eligibility, important deadlines, selection criteria. This session also introduces students to the process of writing a winning research proposal.
- Date and time: 1:00 pm – 3:00pm, October 8th, 2020
- Sign-up form: click here
- Zoom link provided upon sign-up.
Comment financer votre diplôme d’études supérieures (en français)
Cette séance d’information comprend un aperçu du Programme de bourses d’études supérieures du Canada et du Programme de bourses d’études supérieures de l’Ontario, y compris l’admissibilité des candidats, les dates limites et les critères de sélection. Cette séance présente également aux étudiants le processus de rédaction d’une proposition de recherche gagnante.
- Date et l’heure : 11h à 13h, 9 octobre 2020
- Formulaire d’inscription : cliquez ici
- Lien Zoom fourni à l’inscription.
Your Proposal Feedback Appointment (in language of choice)
- Students may sign up for individual feedback on their research proposals.
- The link to sign-up for the 30-minute sessions will be distributed at the end of the information sessions.
- Students who do not attend one of two information sessions (on either October 8h or 9th) are ineligible for individual feedback on their research proposals.
- Students must submit their proposal for initial review 48 hours before the scheduled meeting time. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your appointment.
- With an aim to fairness for all students and consideration for the Research Office’s limited time, students who do not attend their scheduled session will only be able to reschedule their appointments if there are time slots still available. No new slots will be created.
- These appointments will be available from October 22nd to November 5th, 2020.
If you have any questions, a specific accessibility or accommodation need, please contact Carli Gardner at email@example.com directly and so she can do her best to make appropriate arrangements.