For membership rate information and general inquiries, please contact the Membership Office by email at: email@example.com
York University Student Membership
In-session York University students may purchase a membership for $ 20, valid from September to August. Students must register at our office by presenting their current YU card.
York University Faculty/Staff may purchase an annual membership, for themselves and members of their immediate family (spouses, dependent children), and must provide proof of employment at the time of purchase.
York Alumni (defined as having graduated from York) may purchase a monthly/annual membership at a discounted rate for themselves and members of their immediate family (spouses, dependent children). An alumni card must be presented at the time of purchase. To obtain a York Alumni card, contact the Alumni Affairs Office of York University or visit http://alumniandfriends.yorku.ca/benefits/alumni-card/
Young Adult Membership
Persons 18 to 24 years of age may purchase a monthly/annual membership at a competitive rate.
Persons 25 to 64 years of age may purchase a monthly/annual membership for themselves and/or members of their family.
Persons 65 years and older may purchase a monthly/annual membership at a discounted rate.
Additional Fees Applicable
- Spouse – residing at the same address as the Primary member; must provide proof of residence at time of purchase.
- NOTE: The minimum age to be a member is 18. Those 17 or under may only be members as part of a “family membership” where one or both parents are members.
- Youth – 13 to 24 years, residing at the same address as the Primary member; is issued his/her own membership card and may bring a guest (guest fees applicable). Please note: We do not prorate the Youth membership – inquire at the Membership Office for details.
- Child – 12 years and under, added to the membership free of charge; must be accompanied and supervised by a carded parent (member) at all times while in the club.
- Locker – full and half-size lockers may be rented, upon availability (with the exception of York Students and monthly members). Day-use lockers are available and may be used but must be cleared before leaving the club. All day-use lockers are clearly marked.
- PARKING – monthly or annual passes available to Alumni, Community, Senior and Young Adult members only. All York students, York Staff & Faculty must purchase their pass directly through the Parking Office.
NOTE: All members who buy a parking pass must “provide the vehicle registration for all vehicles” they wish to register.
Towel Service is included in all memberships.
- New members (13 years +) are entitled to a weight room orientation, free of charge. Please register at the Membership Office.
- New and renewing annual Primary and Spousal members will receive two complimentary guest passes, provided that the membership is renewed before it expires.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- All members are asked to swipe their valid membership card each time they enter the club.
- In the event that a membership card is lost, a replacement fee of $ 5 will be charged to produce a new one.
- Members may bring two guests per visit to the club. Members must accompany their guests into the club. Guest passes may be purchased at Reception. Guest fees are $ 10 for 13 years and over (no charge for guests 12 years and under).
- Membership to the GAC is a privilege that may be modified or revoked for cause, as determined by GAC management.