Thank you for your interest in the School of Public and International Affairs and in our bilingual Master’s Program in Public and International Affairs (MPIA).
The deadline for admissions for the Fall 2023 intake has been extended to February 15, 2023.
We will still accept applications after this date, subject to space availability. We strongly encourage you to submit your application and all supporting documents before the deadline as space cannot be guaranteed.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, your supporting documents, the program and/or the School, please do not hesitate to contact us, our contact information can be found here.
How to apply
The Graduate Admissions Office will accept online applications and supporting documents towards mid-October 2022. All application materials must be uploaded online.
To apply, you will need to submit the following documents:
- York University Graduate Studies Application Form
- Transcripts for all your post-secondary studies
- Statement of Interest: Describe in 500 words your previous education, past research and other experiences that have prepared you to be successful in the MPIA program. Elaborate on your academic interest and research you would like to do in your graduate work, the reasons for your interest in the MPIA program, what do you hope to achieve in the MPIA program, as well as your career goals. Your statement of interest must be written in both English and French by alternating the two languages in each paragraph.
- Three reference letters
- One sample of academic writing (5,000 – 7,500 words)
- Supplementary Information Form
- Proof of working knowledge of your second language (please visit our Admissions Requirements page for more information)
MPIA Information Sessions
We are currently holding webinars on a monthly basis. To register, please visit this page.
It would also be our pleasure to have a one-on-one conversation with you (by phone or in-person), at a time that is convenient to you. Get in touch with us at 416-487-6706 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
If you would like to visit Glendon campus, please book a campus tour here.