Living in Residence
As one of our 400 residents, you’ll enjoy convenient access to classes, support networks, services, and campus activities. Residence also provides you with the opportunity to build lasting friendships with English- and French-speaking students from across Canada and around the world.
Residence is guaranteed to first year students for applications received by the deadline. Many students choose to stay in residence in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year as well. Residence fees vary depending on the size of the room.
- Glendon has two residence buildings: Hilliard and Wood.
- 20% of our students live on-campus.
- There is an even mix of first-year and upper-year students in residence.
- Over 90% of our rooms are single rooms.
- Co-ed and female-only spaces are available.
- All rooms come equipped with high-speed Internet access. A local area network gives you access to the software applications from the computer labs right in your room.
- Residence dons (upper year students) are on-site to provide support and information.
- There is a whole series of campus activities organized just for residence students. A few favourites: Movies Under the Stars, All You Can Eat Ice Cream Fest, Pancake Breakfast, and many more.
- The residence meal plan (your choice of $3250, $3700, $4150, or $4600) runs on a debit card system in the cafeteria, campus Tim Horton’s, as well as on the Keele campus.
- Kitchen facilities are available for upper-year students and for those with dietary concerns.
- Laundry room, music room, study room, and TV lounges are available in both buildings.
- You can borrow irons, vacuums, pool and ping pong equipment, VCRs and DVD players from the lobby reception desk.
- eAmbassador Queianna explains what it’s like living on residence at Glendon, from the friends to the food to the foliage.
For more information about residence, visit the Glendon Housing web site.
Looking for an inside scoop into residence life? Check out our eAmbassadors’ take on it, or visit us for a campus tour and see them in person!