To book an appointment through Experience York:
- Click on any of the Book an Appointment buttons found throughout the Career and Skills Development Centre website.
2. Login to Experience York: click on Students then Login.
3. Enter your Passport York student login
4. To access the booking module, select Glendon College from your Dashboard.
5. Choose to book an appointment either by Type (reason for booking appointment) or by Provider (schedule specifically with one of our great ambassadors or team members!) Don’t know them yet? Meet the team below!
- Please bring in a copy of your resume, cover letter, and/or the job description you are applying to
- In either English or French, our guides can offer services such as: resume and cover letter critique, job search assistance, LinkedIn profile creation, and job interview preparation
- Our guides do NOT hand out jobs to students, but rather help students apply to jobs and prepare for interviews
- Schedule multiple appointments for the different parts of your job application process
- Ask the employer any questions you have regarding the job description (our guides cannot interpret what the employer wants)
- Remember our guides are not responsible for you being hired
About Me: I am a York University alumna with a background in French Studies, Anthropology, and Education. I have a passion for career development and look for any opportunity to help those on their professional journey. In my spare time I love to travel and play volleyball. In fact, I play on a recreational team and act as the team captain.
What I do: I am the new Career and Skills Development Coordinator. I help students with career exploration and preparation by way or workshops, events, and one-on-one support. I also offer guidance to those who choose to pursue graduate school.
About me: I am a second-year student at Glendon majoring in French Studies, and I am also part of the Concurrent Education Program. As a francophone student, I am passionate about the French language and culture. I also enjoy eating sushi, solving escape rooms, and making great memories with my friends and family. Additionally, being that I strive to help others whenever possible, I love engaging in my community through clubs, committees, and jobs which allow me to be an active member of my academic community.
What I do: I am a Bilingual Academic Peer Support Assistant with the Career and Skills Development Centre. I am committed to helping every student and alumni achieve their career goals through appointments, workshops, and career fairs. I am here to help you succeed in your professional life!
Ghalia El Hayawan
About me: I am a second-year bilingual student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology. I love learning about new topics and sharing perspectives, as well as researching interesting topics related to the human psyche. I also have a passion for academic and professional development which is why I enjoy using my skills, education, and experiences to help others throughout their journey. When I am not helping others, I enjoy embroidery, music, skateboarding, and watching anime.
What I do: I am an Academic Peer Support Assistant at the Glendon Career and Skills Development Centre. I assist students and alumni with their professional journey by way of workshops, career related events, and one-on-one appointments.