The Career Development Centre, located in York Hall A118, focuses on helping students and recent graduates navigate skills development and career exploration. Personalized career help is available through one-on-one appointments or by attending a workshop.
- Please attach a copy of your résumé or cover letter or copy and paste the job description for which you are applying on Experience York when you book your appointment
- In English or in French, we can offer services such as job search assistance (including creating a LinkedIn profile), résumé or cover letter review, interview preparation, and general career counselling
- We do NOT hand out jobs to students and recent graduates but rather provide job search strategies and resources
We recommend that students and recent graduates:
- Schedule multiple appointments for the different parts of the job application process
- Ask the employer any questions they have regarding the job description (we cannot interpret what the employer wants)
- Remember that we are not responsible for them being hired
About Me: I am a York University alumna with a background in French Studies, Anthropology, and Education. I have a passion for career development and look for any opportunity to help those on their professional journey. In my spare time I love to travel and play volleyball.
What I do: I am the new Career and Skills Development Coordinator. I help students and recent graduates with career exploration and preparation by way of workshops, one-on-one support, and recruitment opportunities.