The Career and Skills Development Centre, located in York Hall A118, focuses on helping students, alumni, and clients access career exploration, skills development and experiential education. Personalized assignment and career help is available through appointments; face-to-face, over Skype, or by attending a workshop in the centre, in residence or in class.
Monday : 9am – 5pm
Tuesday : 9am – 5pm
Wednesday : 10am – 6pm
Thursday : 9am – 5pm
Friday: 10am – 3pm
- Please bring in a print copy of your assignment, the assignment instructions, and (optional) the course outline.
- Due to a high traffic of students, each appointment is 30mins long. If your assignment still requires editing after 30mins, your guide may request that you come back at a later time.
- In either English or French, our guides will edit your assignment based on specific criteria such as:
It is recommended that you schedule multiple appointments wherein your guide can focus on editing these elements individually, and be sure to make all the recommended edits that you see fit between appointments. Please note: our guides will not write/brainstorm for your assignments for you!
- Please, do not bring in your assignment for editing moments before it is due
- Know that it is not up to our guides to interpret what your professor wants, you must ask your professor all your questions concerning the assignment itself
- Remember our guides are not responsible for the grade you receive on your assignment
- Please bring in a print copy of your resumé and/or cover letter
- Our trained Bilingual Career and Skills Guides offer services such as:
- Resumé editing
- Cover Letter editing
- LinkedIn Profile optimization
- Job interview prep
- Due to a high traffic of students, each appointment is 30mins long. If your resumé/CV still requires editing after 30mins, your guide may request that you come back at a later time.
- Please note: Glendon’s Career and Skills Development Centre does not simply hand out jobs for students, rather we teach students how to find jobs on their own!
Assignment Help Workshops:
- How to Write Well / Structurer sa pensée
- Understanding the University Essay / Saisir la dissertation
- Ruthless Revision / Savoir réviser
- Creating an Effective Thesis / Développer de thèses
- Powerful Class Presentations / Les présentations efficaces
- Exploring Grad School / Explorer les études supérieures
Career Help Workshops:
- How to Write a Resumé and Cover Letter / Comment rédiger un CV et une lettre de présentation
- How to Find an Internship / Comment trouver un stage
- How to Ace an Interview / Comment réussir à un entretien
- Your LinkedIn Profile Awaits / Votre profil LinkedIn vous attend
- Grad School 101 / Études supérieures 101
- Curate Yourself / Raffinez votre présence en ligne
- Stand Out at Interviews / Se démarquer lors d’un entretien
All our Guides are trained to help you strengthen your resumé, cover letter, and interview skills. Browse this list to find each Guide’s subject and language specializations.