The Student Financial Profile is a multi-purpose online application form that is used to apply for scholarships, bursaries and on-campus employment programs. You should complete the SFP at the start of each academic session (once for Fall/Winter and once for Summer) to be considered for these programs.
To access the SFP you will need a Passport York account.
Please note that simply saving a completed SFP application does not submit the application, nor will it make you eligible for the above programs. Make sure to click ‘submit’ and not just ‘save’ when you are done your application!
The Summer 2020 application is now available. Students must submit their SFP by the following dates to be considered for the corresponding programs:
|Work/Study program (Work/Study, LEAP and RAY)||June 12, 2020|
|York University Undergraduate Bursary||August 7, 2020|
|Graduate Studies Bursaries/Awards||Deadlines vary by bursary/award. Please check the Funding and Awards page for more details.|
Steps to fill out your SFP
1. Review all of the awards listed on the SFP and read through the criteria for each.
2. Select the awards you are eligible to apply for and would like to be considered for.
3. Read all relevant application information for each award to make sure you fill out all required fields in the SFP. For example, some awards may ask you to describe your extra-curricular involvement by filling out the Personal Statement section of the SFP, others require an essay or reference letter as part of the application process.
4. Click on the “Save Work” button regularly as you go through the application to make sure you do not lose your information. You have 90 minutes per session before Passport York will automatically log you out of the SFP. At any time you may log out and log back in at a later date to make changes.
5. When you are ready click the “Submit” button at the end of the SFP to submit your application. If it is not submitted, your application will not be assessed. You may go back and make as many changes as you need before the submission deadline.
6. If you are a successful applicant, you will be notified by formal letter. All awards and scholarships will be credited to your student account online.
Making Changes to an Application
Once your application has been assessed (usually within six weeks of applying) you will no longer be able to make changes online, you will only be able to view your submitted application.
If you need to make changes to an assessed application, send an e-mail to email@example.com
If you need assistance filling out the application, please see our online tutorial, contact us or come see us in York Hall C138.
Students with disabilities have the option of submitting a paper version of the Student Financial Profile. Paper copies are available at a Counselling & Disability Services office. The Glendon Counselling, Career and Disability Services office is located in Glendon Hall 111A and can be reached at 416-487-6709.
Student Access Guarantee
The Student Access Guarantee is a partnership between York University and the government of Ontario that ensures students, who receive financial aid from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and are identified as having financial need, have their direct educational costs covered (tuition, books and mandatory course fees).